Timesheets are, without a doubt, one of the least popular tasks for employees and management alike. Many manufacturers start with manual timesheets when the business has a handful of employees, but they neglect to overhaul the system as the company grows. So, the inevitable time-tracking problems creep in:
- Lost or Missing Timesheets
- Inaccurate Calculations
- Illegible Scrawl
- Unauthorised Overtime
- Budget Overruns from Increased Labour Costs
The solution to timesheet trouble: Integrating with an ERP
Manual or standalone timesheet systems are a black hole of admin time. Even if the timesheets are flawless there is still time (and human error risk) to calculate labour costs, reconcile salaries against income, forecast workforce requirements and complete payroll on-time.
Integrating time tracking into your Enterprise Resource Planning system, or ERP is a manufacturer’s secret weapon for big productivity boosts. On top of making time tracking a piece of cake, integration provides insight and forecasting advantages you might not even realise exist.
The benefits of integrating timesheet tracking
Single source of truth
All your timesheets are in a centralised (and secure) location. From the dashboard, you can navigate easily through the data to gain valuable insight into how your company runs.
- Calculate the true labour cost of each job
- Pull reports instantly
- Find out which jobs are most profitable
- Set up pay rates reflecting actual costs
- Monitor employee well-being to avoid burnout
As if by magic, job costs have a way of slipping out of control. Even the smallest budget overruns are bad for business. And if there is an opportunity to increase profit without sacrificing quality then surely you want to know about it.
- Track time in each project stage within a job number/category
- Allocate labour budgets more efficiently
- Cost jobs with greater accuracy
- Translate from quote to actual budget automatically
- Trim wasted time
- Monitor budget in real-time
- Identify potential cross-operational efficiencies
Improve Other Business Functions
Integrating timesheets within an ERP for manufacturers is good for more than tracking time. As your operation grows, the flow-on effects of a customised ERP solution support smooth and sustained expansion.
- Forecasting Workforce and Equipment Requirements
- Log time from anywhere
- Centralised job status reports
- In-platform management approval builds workforce trust
- Intelligent job costing makes quotes more accurate and professional
- Optimise costs in a growing workforce
- See where penalty rates are influencing manufacturing costs
- Allocate R&D budget with unspent time
Accounts Payable has a hard enough time balancing the never-ending flow of funds, without having to chase down errant timesheets or check who approved overtime. With a time- tracking module integrated into your ERP, the Payroll team has a much easier task.
- Automatically integrate timesheets to the payroll system after approval
- Faster, more secure approvals process
- Reduce double handling and human error
- Pay is processed on-time
- No need for manual payslips
Finding the right time-tracking solution for your business
Not all ERPs for manufacturers are built alike; some are cookie-cutter and inflexible, while others might not have the functionality you need like automatic time tracking. That’s where Jobman is different. We customise the platform to suit our customers, with a focus on sustained business growth and reduced human error.